Today I’m sharing five ways to have a cozy New Year’s Eve! While I love getting dolled up just as much as the next girl, I’m also a notorious home-body and the idea of spending NYE at home, cozied up with my love bugs, sounds amazing. I envision lighting a few of my favorite candles, sipping on something warm (or maybe a glass of wine if I’m feeling wild!), snuggled up in a few blankets and playing some games with my best pals as we roll into 2018! Starting my 2018 with a few of my favorite people will be the perfect way to enter a new year with a fresh and motivated mind!
5 Ways to Have a Cozy New Year’s Eve
- Wear your favorite pajama’s. This should come to no surprise to you, that wearing pajamas will be the first way to have a cozy NYE in. My favorite pajamas are from Target, they’re $12 and extremely soft! They came in a holiday box this year and I happened to snag a pair + was gifted a pair for Christmas – SCORE! This year you’ll find me in cozy jammy jams and I’ll be happy as a hog in a dirt pile.
- Channel your inner-kid and challenge your friends to a fun game night. I’m totally into playing games when I’m with my friends and family! Over the holidays, my family and I played this game called Psych. It’s an app you download on your phone (apple & google compatible!) and we.are.OBSESSED. It’s kind of like Cards Against Humanity, but it can be as clean or indecent as you want it. A few of my favorite games are:
- Cards Against Humanity (duh!) – the expansion packs are wild. Proceed with caution!
- Apples to Apples – same concept as Cards Against Humanity and Psych!, but more family-friendly. Super fun!
- Mario Kart – a classic loved by all.
- Catch-Phrase – ok this game is so fun, but a little anxiety-inducing as the time starts running out. But, super fun none-the-less!
- Make all of your favorite snacks. A few of my favorite snacks to make that would be perfect for a small gathering at home are: meatballs, mini taco cups, cookies, spinach artichoke dip, buffalo dip, mini caprese salad skewers, popcorn, and a fabulous charcuterie board. In case you want some food inspiration, here is my Pinterest food board!
- Binge watch your favorite shows. If you’re anything like my husband and I, you have a full library of Netflix, Hulu & HBO shows to catch up on. We’re currently on season 6 of Game of Thrones and season 5 of Mad Men.
- Create that fun craft project you’ve had on your list all year. If you don’t have any plans at all for NYE, a fun craft night in could be the perfect way to complete that project you’ve had on the back burner all year! I’ve been eyeing a weave wall hanger that I want to make so badly! A Beautiful Mess blog has a great tutorial if you’re interested in how to make one.
I can’t wait to see what we do in 2018, and I hope that you’ll stick around with me! Whatever you choose to do for NYE, please be safe and have FUN! Remember to call an Uber, your mom, your dad, your cousin, whoever, if you decide to indulge in a few adult beverages.
See you next year!
Get caught up on my latest posts here, and leave me some love if you like it!